Yes, the dashboard has weather, and I know everyone has TWC iPhone app. But, sometimes, you need a convenient forecast from your web browser. Try Forecastfox, a free add-on for Firefox.
You probably use bit.ly a lot to shorten URLs to post on Twitter/Facebook. You might have even wondered if you could use your own URL shortening service. To do this download and install YOURLS (there is also a WordPress plugin) and set it up with MySQL, etc.
Lifehacker had posted a chart this morning showing which software is best for jailbreaking which devices with which OS versions. Click here.
Have you ever wanted to jailbreak your iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch? Lots of advanced users do. But it has been in a legal gray area for a while because of contradicting clauses of the DMCA. Every 3 years, a rulemaking session allows exceptions to be made to the DMCA. This year, thanks to the EFF’s lobbying, the rules now recognize jailbreaking as a legal action. You still can’t use pirated apps of course, but now you can use t-mobile on your iphone, or run Flash player on your iPad.
That doesn’t mean its without risk though: it still voids your warranty, and opens up a hole in the OS for hackers. You need to change the SSH password.
Previously I mentioned how you could get MobileMe for nearly half what Apple normally charges. As Lifehacker mentioned, you can also do this to get an AppleCare extended warranty, and you can also use Amazon for safer shopping.
For a long time I have been making greeting cards on my own computer by using PowerPoint. I have found that PowerPoint is more flexible than many other greeting card editors.
1. Open a new file.
2. Go to File>Page Setup and select Portrait
3. Drag in some WordArt or graphics to the lower right corner- be sure you have the guidelines on, NOT the gridlines so that you can tell where the quadrants are. This will be the front of your card.
4. Create a textbox in the upper left corner and type your message in it- you’ll probably want it to be left, not center formatting.
5. Turn the textbox upside-down: this is very important because otherwise your card won’t have the text readable
6. Check to make sure the text is in the right place. The lower left corner will be the back of the card- you can put something there if you want.
When you’re done, just click print. Because of the way PowerPoint sizes the page, I would not recommend using a slide background.
If you had trouble following this, download my template and change it as much as you want. download link
Please use the button below to share this with your friends.