In the next few days, I will be profiling some of the best free alternatives to Adobe Creative Suite. For most casual users, $1800 is too much to shell out for a computer app suite- your computer itself probably did not cost that much- but there is an occasional need to do something that an Adobe app does. I will cover some of Adobe’s most known programs such as:
- Photoshop (alternative[GIMP])
- Dreamweaver (alternative[Kompozer])
- After Effects (alternative[CineFx])
- Premiere (alternative[Hyperengine])
- InDesign (alternative[Scribus])
- Soundtrack (alternative[Audacity/Garageband])
I will publish the first free Adobe alternative tomorrow. As I publish these, I will update this page to include links to these posts. Did I forget an Adobe app you’d like profiled? Tell me in the comments.
Note: I cannot find any good alternatives to Flash, but if you find one tell me in the comments and I’ll be sure to feature it.